Today I got up at 5:00 a.m. I left the house at 6:15 a.m., and was at my location, the Starbucks on Rush & Walton by 7:00a.m. I felt like today was a bit of a success. I sold four magazines. My first customer for the day was a cab driver. He gave me $1.00 for the magazine and kept walking. He soon realized that it was $2.00 and came back to give me the other dollar. I stood on my location for two hours before going to the Borders on Michigan Ave. I was so tired. I slept in the chair for two hours before a Border’s employee woke me up. I probably was snoring. I plan on going out after I get off work.
- 7:45 a.m. – Cab Driver -$2.00
- 7:50 a.m. – African-American male, mid 40′s – $2.00
- 7:53 a.m. – White female, mid 50′s – $2.00
- 7:55 a.m. - White male – mid- 40′s ($1.00 tip)
- 8:15 a.m. - White female – mid 30′s -$2.00
I realize that I’m making about $1.00 – $2.00 per hour. An minimum wage job doesn’t sound so bad. I’ll write more later after I finish my second shift this evening.
I went back out after work to the same location. I worked from 5:30 p.m until 7:30 p.m. There was something interesting that I observed with people in the Gold Coast. The way they dress. Also the ethnic groups. A lot of Europeans. Guys tend to dress with blue jeans and a nice shirt hanging out. Of course you have the nice designer glasses too. There was this one particular guy that was about 6’6″ tall. And I watch him take advantage of his characteristic traits He sat down in front of Starbucks wearing a black velvet jacket, blue jeans, severely faded at the knees, and some leather shoes. I watched him flirt with several women. And they went for him, hook, line and sinker.
- 5:30 p.m. Catholic priest – $1.00 tip
- 5:50 p.m. White male, 40′s/50′s – $2.00
- 6:05 p.m. White female – 50′s – $1.00 tip
- 6:07 p.m. White Female – 50′s – .25 tip
- 6:45 p.m. White female – 30′s – $2.00
- 6:46 p.m. White male – 50′s – $2.00
- 7:17 p.m White male – 30′s – $1.00 tip
Today’s Earnings: $18.25
Total Earnings to date: $23.25
Total hours worked: 7 hours